Pronunciation: (pin'u-kul), [key]
—n., v., -cled, -cling.
1. a lofty peak.
2. the highest or culminating point, as of success, power, fame, etc.: the pinnacle of one's career.
3. any pointed, towering part or formation, as of rock.
4. Archit.a relatively small, upright structure, commonly terminating in a gable, a pyramid, or a cone, rising above the roof or coping of a building, or capping a tower, buttress, or other projecting architectural member. See illus. under imbrication.
1. to place on or as on a pinnacle.
2. to form a pinnacle on; crown.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.