Pronunciation: (plezh'ur), [key]
—n., v., -ured, -ur•ing.
1. the state or feeling of being pleased.
2. enjoyment or satisfaction derived from what is to one's liking; gratification; delight.
3. worldly or frivolous enjoyment: the pursuit of pleasure.
4. recreation or amusement; diversion; enjoyment: Are you traveling on business or for pleasure?
5. sensual gratification.
6. a cause or source of enjoyment or delight: It was a pleasure to see you.
7. pleasurable quality: the pleasure of his company.
8. one's will, desire, or choice: to make known one's pleasure.
to give pleasure to; gratify; please.
1. to take pleasure; delight: I pleasure in your company.
2. to seek pleasure, as by taking a holiday.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.