Pronunciation: (plus), [key]
1. more by the addition of; increased by: ten plus two is twelve.
2. with the addition of; with: He had wealth plus fame.
1. involving or noting addition.
2. positive: a plus quantity.
3. more (by a certain amount).
4. Elect.pertaining to or characterized by positive electricity: the plus terminal.
5. Mycol.(in heterothallic fungi) designating, in the absence of morphological differentiation, one of the two strains of mycelia that unite in the sexual process.
6. having a certain quality to an unusual degree: He has personality plus.
1. a plus quantity.
2. Arith.See plus sign.
3. something additional.
4. a surplus or gain.
Informal.also; and; furthermore: A bicycle is cheaper than a car, plus it doesn't pollute the air.
in addition; besides.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.