Pronunciation: (noo-mat'ik, nyoo-), [key]
1. of or pertaining to air, gases, or wind.
2. of or pertaining to pneumatics.
3. operated by air or by the pressure or exhaustion of air: a pneumatic drill.
4. filled with or containing compressed air, as a tire.
5. equipped with pneumatic tires.
6. Theol.of or pertaining to the spirit; spiritual.
7. Zool.containing air or air cavities.
1. a pneumatic tire.
2. a vehicle having wheels with such tires.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.