Pronunciation: (pōst-môr'tum), [key]
1. of, pertaining to, or occurring in the time following death.
2. of or pertaining to examination of the body after death.
3. occurring after the end of something; after the event: a postmortem criticism of a television show.
1. Med.a postmortem examination; autopsy.
2. an evaluation or discussion occurring after the end or fact of something: to do a postmortem on the decision of a court.
3. Cards.a discussion of the bidding or playing of a previous hand.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.