Pronunciation: (pri-sīs'), [key]
1. definitely or strictly stated, defined, or fixed: precise directions.
2. being exactly that and neither more nor less: a precise temperature; a precise amount.
3. being just that and no other: the precise dress she had wanted.
4. definite or exact in statement, as a person.
5. carefully distinct: precise articulation.
6. exact in measuring, recording, etc.: a precise instrument.
7. excessively or rigidly particular: precise observance of regulations; precise grooming.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.