Pronunciation: (pri-sizh'un), [key]
1. the state or quality of being precise.
2. accuracy; exactness: to arrive at an estimate with precision.
3. mechanical or scientific exactness: a lens ground with precision.
4. punctiliousness; strictness: precision in one's business dealings.
5. Math.the degree to which the correctness of a quantity is expressed. Cf. accuracy (def. 3).
6. Chem., Physics.the extent to which a given set of measurements of the same sample agree with their mean. Cf. accuracy (def. 2).
of, pertaining to, or characterized by precision: precision swimming; precision instruments for aircraft.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.