Pronunciation: (pred'u-tôr"ē, -tōr"ē), [key]
1. Zool.preying upon other organisms for food.
2. of, pertaining to, or characterized by plunder, pillage, robbery, or exploitation: predatory tactics.
3. engaging in or living by these activities: predatory bands of brigands.
4. excessive or exploitive in amount or cost, as out of greed or to take advantage of consumers or patrons: predatory pricing.
5. acting with or possessed by overbearing, rapacious, or selfish motives: He was cornered at the party by a predatory reporter.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.