Pronunciation: (prez"un-tā'shun, prē"zen-), [key]
1. an act of presenting.
2. the state of being presented.
3. a social introduction, as of a person at court.
4. an exhibition or performance, as of a play or film.
5. offering, delivering, or bestowal, as of a gift.
6. a gift.
7. a demonstration, lecture, or welcoming speech.
8. a manner or style of speaking, instructing, or putting oneself forward: His presentation was very poor.
9. Com.the presentment of a bill, note, or the like.
a. the position of the fetus in the uterus during labor.
b. the appearance of a particular part of the fetus at the cervix during labor: a breech presentation.
11. Eccles.the act or the right of presenting a member of the clergy to the bishop for institution to a benefice.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.