Pronunciation: (pri-zent'munt), [key]
1. an act of presenting, esp. to the mind, as an idea, view, etc.
2. the state of being presented.
3. a presentation.
4. the manner or mode in which something is presented.
5. a representation, picture, or likeness.
6. Com.the presenting of a bill, note, or the like, as for acceptance or payment.
7. Law.the written statement of an offense by a grand jury, of their own knowledge or observation, when no indictment has been laid before them.
8. a theatrical or dramatic presentation.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.