Pronunciation: (prin'ting), [key]
1. the art, process, or business of producing books, newspapers, etc., by impression from movable types, plates, etc.
2. the act of a person or thing that prints.
3. words, symbols, etc., in printed form.
4. printed material.
5. the total number of copies of a book or other publication printed at one time: The book had a first printing of 10,000.
6. writing in which the letters resemble printed ones.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.