Pronunciation: (priv'u-lijd, priv'lijd), [key]
1. belonging to a class that enjoys special privileges; favored: the privileged few.
2. entitled to or exercising a privilege.
3. restricted to a select group or individual: privileged information; a privileged position.
4. Law.(of utterances or communications)
a. not rendering the person making them liable to prosecution for libel or slander, in view of the attendant circumstances.
b. not requiring any testimony concerning them to be presented in court.
5. Navig.(of a vessel) having the right of way. Cf. burdened.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.