Pronunciation: (priv'ē), [key]
—adj., priv•i•er, priv•i•est,
—n., pl. priv•ies.
1. participating in the knowledge of something private or secret (usually fol. by to): Many persons were privy to the plot.
2. private; assigned to private uses.
3. belonging or pertaining to some particular person, esp. with reference to a sovereign.
4. secret, concealed, hidden, or secluded.
5. acting or done in secret.
1. outhouse (def. 1).
2. Law.a person participating directly in or having a derivative interest in a legal transaction.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.