Pronunciation: (prob'lum), [key]
1. any question or matter involving doubt, uncertainty, or difficulty.
2. a question proposed for solution or discussion.
3. Math.a statement requiring a solution, usually by means of a mathematical operation or geometric construction.
4. no problem, (used as a conventional reply to a request or to express confirmation, affirmation, or gratitude).
1. difficult to train or guide; unruly: a problem child.
2. Literature.dealing with choices of action difficult either for an individual or for society at large: a problem play.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.