Pronunciation: (pru-duk'tiv), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/productive.html on line 79 [key]
1. having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
2. producing readily or abundantly; fertile: a productive vineyard.
3. causing; bringing about (usually fol. by of): conditions productive of crime and sin.
4. Econ.producing or tending to produce goods and services having exchange value.
5. Gram.(of derivational affixes or patterns) readily used in forming new words, as the suffix -ness.
6. (in language learning) of or pertaining to the language skills of speaking and writing (opposed to receptive).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.