Pronunciation: (pros'ti-tOOt", -tyOOt"), [key]
—n., v., -tut•ed, -tut•ing.
1. a woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money; whore; harlot.
2. a man who engages in sexual acts for money.
3. a person who willingly uses his or her talent or ability in a base and unworthy way, usually for money.
1. to sell or offer (oneself) as a prostitute.
2. to put to any base or unworthy use: to prostitute one's talents.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.