Pronunciation: (pub'lish), [key]
1. to issue (printed or otherwise reproduced textual or graphic material, computer software, etc.) for sale or distribution to the public.
2. to issue publicly the work of: Random House publishes Faulkner.
3. to announce formally or officially; proclaim; promulgate.
4. to make publicly or generally known.
5. Law.to communicate (a defamatory statement) to some person or persons other than the person defamed.
1. to issue newspapers, books, computer software, etc.; engage in publishing: The new house will start to publish next month.
2. to have one's work published: She has decided to publish with another house.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.