Pronunciation: (pool'out"), [key]
1. an act or instance of pulling out; removal.
2. a withdrawal, as of troops or funds; pullback.
3. a maneuver by which an aircraft levels into horizontal flight after a dive.
4. a section of a newspaper or magazine that is complete in itself and may be removed and retained: a 24-page pullout of barbecue recipes.
5. an area at the side of a road where drivers may pull off for emergencies, to rest or view the scenery, etc.; pull-off.
designed to be pulled out or removed: pullout compartments in a desk.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.