Pronunciation: (kwā'vur), [key]
1. to shake tremulously; quiver or tremble: He stood there quavering with fear.
2. to sound, speak, or sing tremulously: Her voice quavered a moment and then she regained control.
3. to perform trills in singing or on a musical instrument.
to utter, say, or sing with a quavering or tremulous voice.
1. a quavering or tremulous shake, esp. in the voice.
2. a quavering tone or utterance.
3. Music, Chiefly Brit.an eighth note. See illus. under note.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.