Pronunciation: (kwēr), [key]
—adj., -er, -est,
1. strange or odd from a conventional viewpoint; unusually different; singular: a queer notion of justice.
2. of a questionable nature or character; suspicious; shady: Something queer about the language of the prospectus kept investors away.
3. not feeling physically right or well; giddy, faint, or qualmish: to feel queer.
4. mentally unbalanced or deranged.
5. Slang (disparaging and offensive).
b. effeminate; unmanly.
6. Slang.bad, worthless, or counterfeit.
1. to spoil; ruin.
2. to put (a person) in a hopeless or disadvantageous situation as to success, favor, etc.
3. to jeopardize.
4. queer the pitch, Brit. Informal.to spoil the chances of success.
1. Slang (disparaging and offensive). a homosexual, esp. a male homosexual.
2. Slang.counterfeit money.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.