Pronunciation: (kyOO), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/queue.html on line 75 [key]
—n., v., queued, queu•ing.
1. a braid of hair worn hanging down behind.
2. a file or line, esp. of people waiting their turn.
3. Computers.a FIFO-organized sequence of items, as data, messages, jobs, or the like, waiting for action.
1. to form in a line while waiting (often fol. by up).
2. Computers.to arrange (data, jobs, messages, etc.) into a queue.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.