Pronunciation: (kwiz), [key]
—n., pl. quiz•zes,
—v., quizzed, quiz•zing.
1. an informal test or examination of a student or class.
2. a questioning.
3. a practical joke; a hoax.
4. Chiefly Brit.an eccentric, often odd-looking person.
1. to examine or test (a student or class) informally by questions.
2. to question closely: The police quizzed several suspects.
3. Chiefly Brit.to make fun of; ridicule; mock; chaff.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.