Pronunciation: (rā'dē-unt), [key]
1. emitting rays of light; shining; bright: the radiant sun; radiant colors.
2. bright with joy, hope, etc.: radiant smiles; a radiant future.
3. Physics.emitted or propagated by radiation.
a. noting a partition line having a series of flamelike indentations formed by ogees joined in zigzags; rayonny.
b. (of a charge, as an ordinary) having an edge or edges so formed.
1. a point or object from which rays proceed.
2. Astron.the point in the heavens from which a shower of meteors appears to radiate.
3. a refractory absorbing and radiating heat from the flames of a gas fireplace or the like.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.