—adj.rā'dē-it, -āt"), [key]
—v., -at•ed, -at•ing,
1. to extend, spread, or move like rays or radii from a center.
2. to emit rays, as of light or heat; irradiate.
3. to issue or proceed in rays.
4. (of persons) to project or glow with cheerfulness, joy, etc.: She simply radiates with good humor.
1. to emit in rays; disseminate, as from a center.
2. (of persons) to project (joy, goodwill, etc.).
1. radiating from a center.
2. having rays extending from a central point or part: a coin showing a radiate head.
3. radiating symmetrically.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.