Pronunciation: (ram'rod"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/ramrod.html on line 71 [key]
—n., v., -rod•ded, -rod•ding.
1. a rod for ramming down the charge of a muzzleloading firearm.
2. a cleaning rod for the barrel of a firearm.
3. a strict disciplinarian; martinet.
1. to exert discipline and authority on.
2. to strike or injure with or as if with a ramrod.
3. to accomplish or put into action by force, intimidation, etc.: to ramrod a bill through Congress.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.