Pronunciation: (rav'ul), [key]
—v., -eled, -el•ing or (esp. Brit.) -elled, -el•ling,
1. to disentangle or unravel the threads or fibers of (a woven or knitted fabric, rope, etc.).
2. to tangle or entangle.
3. to involve; confuse; perplex.
4. to make clear; unravel (often fol. by out).
1. to become disjoined thread by thread or fiber by fiber; fray.
2. to become tangled.
3. to become confused or perplexed.
4. (of a road surface) to lose aggregate.
a tangle or complication.
Pronunciation: (ru-vel'; Fr. ra-vel'), [key]
Mau•rice Jo•seph Pronunciation: (mō-rēs' zhô-zef'), [key] 1875–1937, French composer.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.