Pronunciation: (rā'vun), [key]
1. any of several large, corvine birds having lustrous, black plumage and a loud, harsh call, esp. Corvus corax, of the New and Old Worlds.
2. the divine culture hero and trickster of the North Pacific Coast Indians.
3. (cap.) Astron.the constellation Corvus.
lustrous black: raven locks of hair.
Pronunciation: (rav'un), [key]
1. to seek plunder or prey.
2. to eat or feed voraciously or greedily: to raven like an animal.
3. to have a ravenous appetite.
1. to seize as spoil or prey.
2. to devour voraciously.
1. rapine; robbery.
2. plunder or prey. Also,ravin.
a lyric poem (1845) by Edgar Allan Poe.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.