Pronunciation: (raz'ul-daz'ul), [key]
1. showiness, brilliance, or virtuosity in technique or effect, often without concomitant substance or worth; flashy theatricality: The razzle-dazzle of the essay's metaphors cannot disguise its shallowness of thought.
2. Chiefly Football.deceptive action typically consisting of a series of complex maneuvers, as a double reverse or hand-off, usually executed in a flashy manner: a team relying more on power and speed than razzle-dazzle.
3. confusion, commotion, or riotous gaiety.
1. impressively opulent or decorative, esp. in a new way; showy; flashy; eye-catching: a shopping center lined with razzle-dazzle boutiques.
2. energetic, dynamic, or innovative: razzle-dazzle technology; a razzle-dazzle sales pitch.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.