Pronunciation: (ri-sēt'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/receipt.html on line 71 [key]
1. a written acknowledgment of having received a specified amount of money, goods, etc.
2. receipts,the amount or quantity received.
3. the act of receiving or the state of being received.
4. something that is received.
5. a recipe.
1. to acknowledge in writing the payment of (a bill).
2. to give a receipt for (money, goods, etc.).
to give a receipt, as for money or goods.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.