Pronunciation: (ri-sīt'l), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/recital.html on line 73 [key]
1. a musical entertainment given usually by a single performer or by a performer and one or more accompanists.
2. a similar entertainment in a field other than music: a dance recital.
3. a program or concert by dance or music students to demonstrate their achievements or progress.
4. an act or instance of reciting.
5. a formal or public delivery of something memorized.
6. a detailed statement.
7. an account, narrative, or description: He gave a recital of the things he'd been doing since we'd last seen him.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.