Pronunciation: (res"i-tā'shun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/recitation.html on line 73 [key]
1. an act of reciting.
2. a reciting or repeating of something from memory, esp. formally or publicly.
3. oral response by a pupil or pupils to a teacher on a prepared lesson.
4. a period of classroom instruction.
5. an elocutionary delivery of a piece of poetry or prose, without the text, before an audience.
6. a piece so delivered or for such delivery.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.