Pronunciation: (ri-sīt'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/recite.html on line 75 [key]
—v., -cit•ed, -cit•ing.
1. to repeat the words of, as from memory, esp. in a formal manner: to recite a lesson.
2. to repeat (a piece of poetry or prose) before an audience, as for entertainment.
3. to give an account of: to recite one's adventures.
4. to enumerate.
1. to recite a lesson or part of a lesson for a teacher.
2. to recite or repeat something from memory.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.