Pronunciation: (rek'un), [key]
1. to count, compute, or calculate, as in number or amount.
2. to esteem or consider; regard as: to be reckoned an authority in the field.
3. Chiefly Midland and Southern U.S.to think or suppose.
1. to count; make a computation or calculation.
2. to settle accounts, as with a person (often fol. by up).
3. to count, depend, or rely, as in expectation (often fol. by on).
4. Chiefly Midland and Southern U.S.to think or suppose.
5. reckon with,
a. to include in consideration or planning; anticipate: He hadn't reckoned with so many obstacles.
b. to deal with: I have to reckon with many problems every day.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.