Pronunciation: (rē-sī'kul), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/recycle.html on line 81 [key]
—v., -cled, -cling,
1. to treat or process (used or waste materials) so as to make suitable for reuse: recycling paper to save trees.
2. to alter or adapt for new use without changing the essential form or nature of: The old factory is being recycled as a theater.
3. to use again in the original form or with minimal alteration: The governor recycled some speeches from his early days.
4. to cause to pass through a cycle again: to recycle laundry through a washing machine.
1. to pass through a cycle again; repeat a process from the beginning.
2. to undergo reuse or renewal; be subject to or suitable for further use, activity, etc.: The industry will recycle and become profitable once more.
the act or process of recycling.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.