Pronunciation: (ri-fresh'), [key]
1. to provide new vigor and energy by rest, food, etc. (often used reflexively).
2. to stimulate (the memory).
3. to make fresh again; reinvigorate or cheer (a person, the mind, spirits, etc.).
4. to freshen in appearance, color, etc., as by a restorative.
a. to display (an image) repeatedly, as on a CRT, in order to prevent fading.
b. to read and write (the contents of dynamic storage) at intervals in order to avoid loss of data.
1. to take refreshment, esp. food or drink.
2. to become fresh or vigorous again; revive.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.