Pronunciation: (ri-lāt'), [key]
—v., -lat•ed, -lat•ing.
1. to tell; give an account of (an event, circumstance, etc.).
2. to bring into or establish association, connection, or relation: to relate events to probable causes.
1. to have reference (often fol. by to).
2. to have some relation (often fol. by to).
3. to establish a social or sympathetic relationship with a person or thing: two sisters unable to relate to each other.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.