Pronunciation: (ri-märk'), [key]
1. to say casually, as in making a comment: Someone remarked that tomorrow would be a warm day.
2. to note; perceive; observe: I remarked a slight accent in her speech.
3. Obs.to mark distinctively.
to make a remark or observation (usually fol. by on or upon): He remarked on her amazing wit and intelligence.
1. the act of remarking; notice.
2. comment or mention: to let a thing pass without remark.
3. a casual or brief expression of thought or opinion.
4. Fine Arts.remarque.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.