Pronunciation: (ri-mem'bur), [key]
1. to recall to the mind by an act or effort of memory; think of again: I'll try to remember the exact date.
2. to retain in the memory; keep in mind; remain aware of: Remember your appointment with the dentist.
3. to have (something) come into the mind again: I just remembered that it's your birthday today.
4. to bear (a person) in mind as deserving a gift, reward, or fee: The company always remembers us at Christmas.
5. to give a tip, donation, or gift to: to remember the needy.
6. to mention (a person) to another as sending kindly greetings: Remember me to your family.
7. (of an appliance, computer, etc.) to perform (a programmed activity) at a later time or according to a preset schedule: The coffeepot remembers to start the coffee at 7 a.m. every day.
8. Archaic.to remind.
1. to possess or exercise the faculty of memory.
2. to have recollection (sometimes fol. by of): The old man remembers of his youth.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.