Pronunciation: (ri-mem'bruns), [key]
1. a retained mental impression; memory.
2. the act or fact of remembering.
3. the power or faculty of remembering.
4. the length of time over which recollection or memory extends.
5. the state of being remembered; commemoration: to hold someone's name in remembrance.
6. something that serves to bring to mind or keep in mind some place, person, event, etc.; memento.
7. a gift given as a token of love or friendship: I sent her a small remembrance on Mother's Day.
8. remembrances,greetings; respects.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.