Pronunciation: (ri-pē'tur), [key]
1. a person or thing that repeats.
2. a repeating firearm.
3. Horol.a timepiece, esp. a watch, that may be made to strike the hour or part of the hour. Cf. clock watch.
4. Educ.a pupil who repeats a course or group of courses that he or she has failed.
5. a person who votes illegally by casting more than one vote in the same election.
6. a person who has been convicted and sentenced for one crime, and later for another; recidivist.
7. Math.(no longer in technical use) a repeating decimal.
8. Telecommunications.a device capable of receiving one-way or two-way communications signals and delivering corresponding signals that are either amplified, reshaped, or both.
9. Navig.See gyro repeater.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.