Pronunciation: (rē"pu-zish'un, rep"u-), [key]
1. the act of depositing or storing.
2. replacement, as of a bone.
Pronunciation: (rē"pu-zish'un), [key]
1. to put in a new or different position; shift: to reposition the artwork on the advertising layout.
2. to change the image, marketing strategy, etc., of (a product) so as to appeal to a wider or different audience or market: to reposition a diet drink to appeal to teenagers.
3. Med., Surg.to place (an organ or bone) in its original position.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.