Pronunciation: (rep'ru-bāt"), [key]
—n., adj., v., -bat•ed, -bat•ing.
1. a depraved, unprincipled, or wicked person: a drunken reprobate.
2. a person rejected by God and beyond hope of salvation.
1. morally depraved; unprincipled; bad.
2. rejected by God and beyond hope of salvation.
1. to disapprove, condemn, or censure.
2. (of God) to reject (a person), as for sin; exclude from the number of the elect or from salvation.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.