Pronunciation: (rep'til, -tīl), [key]
1. any cold-blooded vertebrate of the class Reptilia, comprising the turtles, snakes, lizards, crocodilians, amphisbaenians, tuatara, and various extinct members including the dinosaurs.
2. (loosely) any of various animals that crawl or creep.
3. a groveling, mean, or despicable person.
1. of or resembling a reptile; creeping or crawling.
2. groveling, mean, or despicable.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.