Pronunciation: (ri-spek'tu-bul), [key]
1. worthy of respect or esteem; estimable; worthy: a respectable citizen.
2. of good social standing, reputation, etc.: a respectable neighborhood.
3. suitable or good enough to be seen or used: respectable clothes; respectable language.
4. of moderate excellence; fairly good; fair: a respectable performance.
5. appreciable in size, number, or amount: a respectable turnout.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.