Pronunciation: (rez"u-rek'shun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/resurrection.html on line 79 [key]
1. the act of rising from the dead.
2. (cap.) the rising of Christ after His death and burial.
3. (cap.) the rising of the dead on Judgment Day.
4. the state of those risen from the dead.
5. a rising again, as from decay, disuse, etc.; revival.
6. Christian Science.a rising above mortality through the understanding of spiritual life as demonstrated by Jesus Christ.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.