—n.rē'tuch", rē-tuch'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/retouch.html on line 79 [key]
1. to improve with new touches, highlights, or the like; touch up or rework, as a painting or makeup.
2. Photog.to alter (a negative or positive) after development by adding or removing lines, lightening areas, etc., with a pencil, brush, or knife.
3. to dye, tint, or bleach (a new growth of hair) to match or blend with the color of an earlier and previously dyed growth.
1. an added touch to a picture, painting, paint job, etc., by way of improvement or alteration.
2. an act or instance of dyeing new growth of hair to blend with previously dyed hair.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.