—v., -at•ed, -at•ing,
1. to reecho or resound: Her singing reverberated through the house.
2. Physics.to be reflected many times, as sound waves from the walls of a confined space.
3. to rebound or recoil.
4. to be deflected, as flame in a reverberatory furnace.
1. to echo back or reecho (sound).
2. to cast back or reflect (light, heat, etc.).
3. to subject to reflected heat, as in a reverberatory furnace.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.