Pronunciation: (ri-vûr"bu-rā'shun), [key]
1. a reechoed sound.
2. the fact of being reverberated or reflected.
3. something that is reverberated: Reverberations from the explosion were felt within a six-mile radius.
4. an act or instance of reverberating.
5. Physics.the persistence of a sound after its source has stopped, caused by multiple reflection of the sound within a closed space.
6. the act or process of subjecting something to reflected heat, as in a reverberatory furnace.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.