Pronunciation: (ri-vûrt'), [key]
1. to return to a former habit, practice, belief, condition, etc.: They reverted to the ways of their forefathers.
2. Law.to go back to or return to the former owner or to his or her heirs.
3. Biol.to return to an earlier or primitive type.
4. to go back in thought or discussion: He constantly reverted to his childhood.
1. a person or thing that reverts.
2. Law.a reversion.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.