Pronunciation: (ri-vīz'), [key]
—v., -vised, -vis•ing,
1. to amend or alter: to revise one's opinion.
2. to alter something already written or printed, in order to make corrections, improve, or update: to revise a manuscript.
3. Brit.to review (previously studied materials) in preparation for an examination.
1. an act of revising.
2. a revised form of something; revision.
3. Print.a proof sheet taken after alterations have been made, for further examination or correction.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.